Friday, July 22, 2016

An Okay Sunday

Day #8 Journal
Sunday, July 17, 2016

This morning I woke up at 7:45 and was disappointed to find out that I missed the group leaving to church because everyone was leaving at 7:45 for their Sunday activities. Since I didn't have anything else to do (laundry already done), I decided to stay in my room until my mom was to to pick me up at 11 to spend time with her and have some lunch. With so much time, I spent the morning exercising a bit, reading the bible, listening to music, working on my assignments. I was content with this, that is...until I received a text from my mom. I opened my phone to see that my mom wasn't going to be able to visit me because one of the tires of my aunt's car got punctured. When I saw the text, I was really sad about my mom not being able to visit, so I prayed about it for awhile. I was happy to hear that my mom was near home when it happened, though.

After spending the whole morning in my dorm alone, I finally came back into civilization when it was time to go to lunch (ha-ha). Once lunch was over, me and a small group headed over to the Will T. Library for about an hour to do some work. In there I was able to get a lot of work done, including my blogs.

Around two o' clock, we got back into our small groups and began our annual Gear Up Summer Olympic games. The games were made up of a bunch of different activities: basketball, football, Frisbee, hula-hoops, tic-tac-toe, and a sponge game. The object of the games is that whoever performs each activity the best for each team gets to move on to the final Olympic games for next Saturday. My group both started with basketball, where we each got three attempts at making a three-pointer. No one in my group got it, but Jason was very close at it. The next thing was a version of Frisbee where we had to had to throw it in a goalie about 10 to 20 feet away. The best ones at this activity were Mercy and Samantha. The next few games we played against other teams we lost, but I was okay with that because we at least got to come out and have fun working as a team.

After all of the Olympic Games, we went to dinner around 5:30. After dinner we had free time from 6:30 to 9:30, which was later time for a hall meeting. I don't quite remember what I did at that time, but I think I decided to stay in my dorm. After a full day of being around a lot of people, I  like to stay alone for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment