Thursday, July 28, 2016

Fun Day Friday

Day #13 Journal

Friday, July 22, 2016

For Art of Acting today, we were given scripts for the play Dracula Bites to act out for the final showcase. In this play, the director, Gregory, wants to put on the Dracula play based exactly on the book. In mine and April's particular scene, we play as the characters, Flora and Nattie. Nattie is in charge of supplying the props for the play, while Flora is her assistant, and we are both supposed to act stressful because Gregory is asking for the most ridiculous and extravagant props. From reading a part of the play, I think it might be a little hard to remember the lines because we have so many other assignments to keep track of too.

We're preparing for showcase in Performing World Music too. We're still figuring out how to perfect Rose Rhythm. The pressure is on because we have only about a total of 2 hours to learn it, and we also have to prepare to make instruments for one of our final assignments.

Dorm Life
In PhotoLit, we're just now turning in our dorm life portrait assignment and analyzing them in class. My photo was a picture of my friends Cody and Samuel taking a selfie while Leanna is in the foreground. It was funny because I took the photo without them knowing and I think it turned out good because they're not acting the photo out, but they're just living their "typical dorm life". I was told that I could do a bit better on the lighting and the angle, but it otherwise looked good.






Since we have a little extra time today, we got to choose an organized optional activity. Some chose a yoga class, while others chose an engineering class, but because I was behind on some assignments (and some blogs), I decided to spend my time in the library (this place is starting to feel like a second home!).

After doing all the hard work in the library, reward finally came because tonight we went to Malibu Jacks. At Malibu Jack's there's go-cart racing, laser tag, mini-golf, arcade games, and more! The best part was the fact that we got unlimited arcade games for two hours! The arcade games I played were a roller coater simulator, a basketball game, a whack-a-mole game, and---my personal favorite---ski-ball! (I kept playing so many times in a row, that the machine kept reading please play a different game).

No comments:

Post a Comment